Thursday, October 14, 2010

10.09.10, Ingolstadt: Saturday Is Explore Ingolstadt Day!

We've been spending so many days tucked in bed, watching movies and tv shows, surfing the internet and so on that we finally decided to spend a nice day out in town once more. Even though it is a small town, we were thinking that going around beats staying in bed. Luckily, after all the dismal weather we've been having, this day showed more promise :)

View of the Sky from My Window

When the weather's good, this is what a lot of the town's people enjoy doing: having coffee at the Rathaus' cafe called Cafe Moritz.


 "Sunbathing" at the Rathausplatz

Owing to the weather and the fact that we've been staying in and doing boring stuff the past few days, Steph and I then decided to explore the town - not without visiting H&M first of course. I was able to buy myself a cool blazer, shorts, and a nice yet cheap top! Also got my brother a pair of canvas sneakers and a sports shirt. All of these I got for 35 Euro only(Php 2,100)!!!

We then decided to go to this place pictured below. Can't even tell you what it is cause I honestly have no idea:))It looked like there was a museum inside but we didn't enter anymore as we really wanted to take pictures of ourselves outside HAHA!


 Ze place; Looked like an armory museum? No idea!



 Steph and I were both wearing purple!


We had to hide the stuff we bought especially when we were having our pictures taken cause kahiya the amount of shopping that we've done already. HAHA! 

Next we attempted to take some jumping shots. Here are my fail shots of Steph jumping. She has in her camera the ones of me and a bit more of her that I took using her cam. 




We got tired soon after cause of our jumping picture attempts and we decided to head home. On the way home though, this store caught my eye but more the people inside it who were having beers, dressed up in ratpack clothes! I found it so cute so we went inside to check it out! 

 Get Rhythm

Inside they had all sorts of cute vintage stuff like baby carriages, juke boxes, old TV sets and so on like this freezer right here!



I shyly asked if I could have my picture taken with the gang:)) But they were so cute in their Grease-like hairstyles and outfits that I couldn't leave without one! They, like all other Germans, happily agreed.




On the way out, I saw this and though it was hella funny-cute:)

 Check out where the peace sign is :))

We got home a short while after that and I just felt like taking a picture of  the gasse(alley) fronting our dorms. And this is what it looks like. Doesn't look sketch. Promise :)


Come night time, I had to wake Steph up and buzz Butch's door so he could start getting ready but Steph wouldn't wake up and when I buzzed Butch's door, he said he wasn't feeling well and that he needed medicine from Steph. And so I tried Steph's door one more time. 


This guy Michael, who lived a couple of apartments beside Steph's,  noticed me buzzing at Steph's door to no avail and advised me to knock instead cause it might wake her up more. I mentioned something about needing medicine from her as the reason for my unyielding attempt at buzzing and he, again like most Germans, gladly offered to give me medicine instead. 

SO. NICE. I. DIE. 

I saw his downstairs area and it had a table with give or take 10 energy drink bottles strewn all over it. He said he was up finishing some papers and since it's finals week, he hasn't really gotten much sleep yet. INTENSE. 

Steph finally woke up and so we were able to go into town for our simple night out. Sausalitos was expectedly full so we spent around 30 minutes trying to look for a chill bar where we could grab a couple of beers. We entered also Cafe Havana but it was too full, there were no tables and there were so many old men checking out younger girls and we just didn't want to stay there at all. 

We ended up going to Le Cafe which is really a restaurant-cafe. But like many places here, they of course served alcohol especially beer. We ended up liking the chill vibe na rin cause they started playing familiar chill songs from artists like John Mayer.


 My Herrnbrau Helles

I look sick but whatevs!

So that's basically our chill Saturday! My first chill weekend day! HAHA! 

Tschuss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment