Tuesday, November 2, 2010

10.23.10, Munich: Munich... Again.

Woke up today to find that Butch had already left for Munich. Roxi, Cheskie and Marco who are studying now in France were visiting Germany and we were meeting up with them in Munich. Butch who is kinda close to Roxi, decided to go earlier. Steph and I followed at around 1 pm. We had a hell of a good laugh as we tried and failed to purchase a train and bus ticket from this machine right here:


We found this girl so cute cause she must've been around 8-10, riding the bus alone on the way home probably, but not without stopping first at H&M(see the green and red shopping bag beside her). Such a cutie!



When we got to the Hauptbahnhof, we met this 20s Chinese couple who offered to share a Bayern ticket with us! A Bayern ticket costs 28 Euros and is good for 5 people for 24hrs throughout all Bavarian cities. Sharing saved us some money course! We had to sit with them since the ticket was to be inspected at the train and so we ended up talking - about Ingolstadt, Germany, China, where the Asian Market was in Ingolstadt, where we could get good Chinese and Japanese food both in Munich and Ingolstadt and so on. It was the guy's birthday that day too! We took pictures but they're in Steph's cam. Will update this entry with the pictures soon! 

We got to Munich after around an hour and separated ways with the couple. Since we were buying our Eurail passes soon(provided we get our rental contracts and residence permits already), Steph and I decided to inquire at the Euraid office at the Munich Hbf about them. It took us 10-15 minutes and some unanswered 'where is...' questions to realize that this sign below actually had a map to the Reisezentrum where the counter was relocated to. We felt so stupid, we had to take a picture of the sign haha! 


Since Butch and the others were still busy going around Munich, Steph and I, who haven't had anything to eat, decided to stop by KFC for some chicken craving we needed to fulfill! 

 My huge ass meal!

 So yummy! I die!

Marienplatz that day was super super packed! I've been to Munich thrice and to Marienplatz way more times and have never seen it look so much like a busy town center. So Steph and I took a picture of the crowd. HAHA!


After some casual shopping/window shopping, we headed to Easy Palace: the hotel where the France people, including Butch, were staying. We hung around there for a while, waiting for them to get ready for dinner and some drinks. 

An hour passed and we finally headed to Hofbrauhaus which is a famous Brewery house in Munich. We passed by 'Tor' which was supposed to be a tower that used to be part of the wall surrounding Munich but was disappointed to see that it now literally is just a red brick tower. That's it. We passed by Marienplatz again on the way to Hofbrauhaus. A side street leading to the restaurant led us to this view of a paper bag-ged guy inside a Muller Bakery. We found it funny :)


Ever since my second Munich trip where I discovered their cheap gelato, whenever I'd crave for desert, I'd crave for Munich gelato. They sell it for 1 Euro a scoop and they serve it on a waffle cone. YUM!!! I had Tiramisu and so did Steph. It was around 8-10 degrees outside but I have this theory that eating something cold equalizes your body temperature with the environment's temperature and that makes it bearable to eat ice cream in this weather. Whatever. It's my theory. And in my blog, my theories are correct :)) 


We finally got to the Hofbrauhaus and I honestly feel that, for people who couldn't come to Oktoberfest, the restaurant was a good enough second alternative, a far second, but good enough :) Shared some fried pork dish with Steph. It tasted like Lechon Kawali. I MISS LECHON (KAWALI) haha! And I also got a Radler(again, beer mixed with Lemonade)! REALLY GOOD MEAL! We had a ton of fun also! It really is nice to see familiar faces in such a strange, faraway land!

The following pictures were taken at the Hofbrauhaus:

 Some Stammtisch(German for party/get-together) where the guys were all wearing overalls/pyjamas

YUUUMMM!

 Cheskie and Steph

 Butch, Roxi and I

 My Radler!

 Marco, Cheskie, Steph, Butch, Roxi and I

Roxi and I


 Ze beautiful ceiling!

At around 10:05 or so, Steph and I hurriedly said our goodbyes since we had to catch our 10:27(26?) train back to Ingolstadt. There was a freshman party at Maki that night and we were encouraged by the Welcome Team and also the International Office to go so catching the 10:27 train to arrive in Ingolstadt at around 11:30 was our best bet at making it to the event. We were definitely running late so Steph and I were running to the station. When the Germans say 27 they mean 27 and no time earlier or later than that! We were panicking while buying tickets since we got to the main train station and the ticket vending machine some time around 10:23/24 already!

Course we made our train and here are some 'mission accomplished' pictures of Steph and I!



Ze ticket

We arrived at half past 11 and Steph, who was feeling a bit tired and sick decided to not anymore go to the event. I, who have made it my mission to be a team player and really become friends with the exchange students as well as regular students at the university, still went to Maki. The music kinda sucked but at least I got to meet a ton of people and have some good conversation with them. 

 Mo and Daniel

 Marco and Leyre

 More people

And one more time with the same people

Max, our CSR in Latin America classmate, brought me home after a lengthy chat about a ton of things. 

Really long, eventful and tiring day but hey I only have 4 and a half months of JTA so I'm glad to make every day and night count! 

Tschuss!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment